You often hear about ultraviolet (UV) ray protection, especially during the warmer months. It is these rays, also known as UVA (ultraviolet A) and UVB (ultraviolet B), that cause damage to the skin of humans and other creatures by penetrating and burning the outer layers and damaging other surfaces and structures.
Things like sunscreen help counteract these effects. Another great tool for combating UV rays is a protective cover, such as a heavy-duty tarp. There are many types of UV-resistant coverings on the market today. When you're looking to create shade and shields for your family, friends, clients, or the public, as well as valuable structures, equipment, and materials, you know you have options. The next tarp has an anti-UV treatment.
1. Vinyl tarps. Vinyl-coated and vinyl-laminated polyester tarps provide UV resistance as well as waterproof, durable, tear- and mildew-resistant qualities. Heavy-duty vinyl tarps are available in a variety of weights, thicknesses, and colors for countless industrial, service, construction, trucking, and home applications.
2. Polyethylene tarpaulin. Polyethylene tarps are economical and lightweight coverings that provide UV protection. These tarps are also strong, waterproof, UV and mildew resistant. They are perfect for a variety of uses from backyards to manufacturing plants. These covers come in a variety of colors, including white poly tarps, so you can find one that matches your needs.
3. Mesh tarpaulin. Mesh tarps not only create UV protection but also allow air circulation, making them ideal for backyards, patios, pools, gazebos, and decks. They are also great for truck and manufacturing applications. Mesh tarps can be hung overhead or sideways as curtains or temporary walls, providing the protection you need with an appealing look.
4. Canvas tarpaulin. Durable and extremely strong canvas material made of UV-resistant polyester thread. These covers are also waterproof, breathable, abrasion, tear, and mildew resistant. These canvas tarps come in seven colors and can be used in a range of applications including manufacturing, construction, roofing, warehouse, marine, and backyard surrounds.
5. Customized tarpaulin. Don't see an overlay that catches your eye? Create your own! We offer customers the option to shop from our wide range of tarps or order custom covers for industrial, commercial, or home applications.
Choose from materials such as vinyl, clear vinyl, canvas, polyethylene, and mesh. We then customize each product to the shape and size you need. You can even choose from different colors to get the perfect cover for your needs.